Rise Women’s Legal Centre is hosting a virtual symposium for lawyers and support workers dedicated to increasing access to justice for their clients by working collaboratively.
To accommodate your busy schedules, this symposium will take place in 3 sessions on 3 consecutive Tuesday afternoons:
- Tuesday 1 February, 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 8 February, 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Tuesday 15 February, 1:00 – 4:00 pm
In these sessions we will explore:
- the benefits of blending approaches across our different sectors to serve and support our clients better
- ethics, overcoming barriers, best practices, and other special considerations for collaborating lawyers and support workers
- using technology to increase accessibility and inclusivity for all clients
- the importance of the Community Partner model in providing virtual services
- approaching our work from a decolonial perspective.
We are pleased to announce that our speakers for this symposium include:
- Zara Suleman, Family Law Lawyer & Mediator, Suleman Family Law
- Val Napoleon, Interim Dean, Law Foundation Chair of Indigenous Justice and Governance, University of Victoria
- Andrea Glen, Family Law Lawyer & Mediator, Andrea Glen Law
- Dalya Israel, Executive Director, WAVAW Rape Crisis Centre
- Darcy Lindberg, Assistant Professor, University of Victoria
- Andrea Bryson, Case Manager, Rise Women’s Legal Centre
A detailed agenda may be found here: CC Symposium Agenda-STS
Join us to brainstorm, strategize, and collaborate on how our different sectors can work together to better serve and support our clients. Click here to register.